A note from Dad: I challenged Stephanie and Danny to share the most romantic rides at WDW from a male and female perspective. Here’s Stephanie’s response. See Danny’s here.
One of my favorite parts about any WDW trip is enjoying it with my partner. No matter what time of year we choose to visit, there is always room to make a romantic memory or two! And in the world of happily ever after and dreams come true, there’s lots to love about experiencing WDW as a couple! From a female perspective, here are my 10 most romantic attractions to experience with your better half!
10. Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros: This one is all about the atmosphere! Strolling into the romantically lit Plaza de los Amigos under a starry sky is a great start to your slow, romantic cruise through some of the most beautiful sights Mexico has to offer. Snuggle up beside your sweetie and dream of a beach vacation in your future!
9. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: At first glance, this might seem a little too rouch and tumble for a romantic ride, but if you can experience Big Thunder at sunset the colours of the canyons are one of the most gorgeous sights to see at WDW. Or try riding after dark. You’ll feel like you’re soaring through wild west while the sky lights up above you – pure magic!
8. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: This is a great ride to share at any time of day while you take a long slow journey above Tomorrowland. Seats are wide enough to sit side by side, or you can choose to sit facing one another and stare into your loved ones eyes.
7. Astro Orbiter: Wall-E is one of my favorite Pixar movies, and I can’t pass up the chance to ride this at night with my husband, pretending we are Wall-E and Eve floating through outer space!
6. Prince Charming Regal Carousel: This ride will bring out all your childhood fantasies of being a beautiful princess or damsel in distress – and a brave prince or knight in shining armor! The Fantasyland setting places you in the middle of a storybook where you are sure to have a happily ever after!
5. Beauty and the Beast Live On Stage: Technically a show, not a ride, but I think you’ll agree that this one deserves a special place on the list. Not only do you have the chance to watch the tale as old as time, but taking in this performance is reminiscent of heading to a Broadway show with someone special!
4. Discovery Island Trails: Animal Kingdom’s lush greenery and exotic details make it an extremely romantic locale, but my personal favorite ares to explore with my sweetie is the Discovery Island Trails. They’re calm and secluded, and can make you feel like the only ones on earth as you cross over foot bridges and through tunnels, past tranquil gardens and peaceful animals.
3. Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid: “Go on and kiss the girl!” Need I say more? Hop in a clam-shell built for two and float alongside Ariel and Eric from their first encounter to their first kiss to their wedding!
2. Impressions de France: Tucked way in the back of the France Pavilion in Epcot, you’ll find this stunning movie presentation with screens that surround you with a 220 degree view! Take an 18-minute journey with someone special to the most romantic country on earth! As a bonus, after the show you can easily grab a delicious treat from Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie!
1. Soarin’: Buckle up and hold hands as you glide high above rivers, beaches, orchards, mountains, vineyards, and more on this exhilarating adventure that will stimulate your senses and leave you with a sense of wonder. I can’t think of anything more romantic than a whirlwind tour of stunning vistas with your valentine.
Which WDW attraction(s) do you find to be the most romantic?
Click here for a look at The Top 10 Most Romantic Rides from a Male Perspective!